The Liebster Award. It has been making its rounds from blog-to-blog for quite awhile now and thanks to Silvachief from The Geek Clinic, I have a chance to participate. What is this award? In short, the award is aimed to grant to bloggers with less 200 followers a bit exposure to the rest of community and perhaps, share a little about yourself through 11 questions generated by the nominator. The ultimate goal is just to pay it forward and shine a little light on bloggers that you enjoy, like, or think others should know about that get less attention. That is about the best I can do from my own understanding, so here are the official rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
I really don’t consider myself a true blogger, but nonetheless, would like to participate given the chance. While I will be able to honor rule 1-2, I sadly can’t for 3-5, since I am having difficulty trying to think of interesting questions (spent 3 days on it) and below the count of nominees that I think/know haven’t been nominated before (currently at 5).
EDIT: Just received another set of questions from Desperado316 over at Sleeping Geeks. Have included them in this post. Thank you kindly.
The Geek Clinic Questions
1. If you were no longer able to blog about what you do now, what would you blog about?
Difficult to exactly say since I haven’t given the idea too much credence, but I think technology would be a perfect fit. I am not that vested into blogging about the latest and greatest things on the market – yet would review different types of applications and do How-To’s. Despite there being a plethora of sites like that in existence I have yet to find one that have been able to answer some the questions I have already found a number of solutions to. Not many people would be interested but would also like to do something with Horticulture and healthy eating, since it has become somewhat of an relevant part of my life now.
2. What is your favorite quote from an anime/visual novel/other?
Just because one shoulders great power does not mean that individual can accomplish everything alone. Whether it be esper or normal, we all have a role to fulfill.
Taizō Kiritsubo (Zettai Karen Children)
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed… Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you
Nyx Avatar (Persona 3) – Game
Thank you, kamisama. For your grace and generous outpouring of scantily dressed women.
Jean (Queen’s Blade: Spiral Chaos/Queen’s Gate: Spiral Chaos) in another perverted fantasy of his. – Game
*Sigh* Your absolutely hopeless, aniki. Are your perverted games really that enjoyable?
Sana Toumi (Angel Ring) – VN
3. If you could gather everyone on your blogroll in one place, where would it be and why?
Hard question. If I want to bore them out their minds, they can come where I live. Although, the countryside here is not as bad as it is where my dad use to call home.
4. A 2-way dimensional rift has opened outside your house. Which fictional universe would you want it to connect to?
Always found the Toaru majutsu no index universe fascinating and would like to join the magical side.
5. What is the story behind your avatar name?
Asteria comes the Greek term for stars or starry one. I read about the myth of Coeus and her daugther Asteria about two weeks ago prior to thinking of names, so decided to use it. Wanting keep with the Celestial theme, I used moonlight shortening it to moonlit and just combined to the two to get Moonlitasteria. A whole more desirable and easier to type than Tsurugiarashix….
6. Do you have any phobias, fictional or otherwise?
There is isn’t too much that frightens me expect losing loved ones. And heights…I am deadly afraid of heights…
7. If you could conquer any one country, which one would it be?
Europe. Rich culture, interesting choices of cuisine, and not forget castles. Big fan of European architecture from the Middle Ages. Always been an childhood dream (fantasy) to live in Malbork Castle.
8. Which super power would you like to have?
Teleportation. Can go anywhere at anytime I please.
9. If you could be any other fictional race, which would you be?
An Elf would be neat. Not the toy-making, North Pole type, but more along the lines of the High Fantasy/Dungeons & Dragons type. They are excellent magic casters and archers.
10. Which 3 animals would you most like as pets?
Roc (Giant bird, synonymous with Persian mythology. It can live in the mountains), Flying Squirrel (preferably one like Momotarō from Zettai Karen), and Giant Tortoise.
11. You find yourself in the waiting room at The Geek Clinic. Why are you there?
I have been diagnosed with a very rare condition called “Stop making excuses and blog more” disordered which is often accompanied by the dreaded “Lust of JRPG” syndrome and “Start reviewing those 600+ anime titles” disease. You see where I am going with this, right?
Sleeping Geeks Questions
1. What is the minimum would you accept if someone asked to buy out your blog? If you were willing to part with it.
Enough for me to retire across 10 lifetimes. In other words, probably wouldn’t be worth buying from me, lol.
2 .What makes you most angry in the world?
A lot on that list, but most likely sleeping in late. Can’t stand wasting time.
3. What makes you most happy in the world?
Not very much other than not accumulating too much stress over the course of a day.
4. What personality type can you not get along with? Like what do you hate in a person?
Spiteful, whinny, egoistical, arrogant, greedy, uncharitable, aggravating, small-minded, unpleasant. Should I continue?
5. What characteristics do you like best in a person?
Sincerity is a nice attribute.
6. What is a true friend to you?
Someone that appreciates you for who are as individual and not what you have or can do. As well as someone willing to stick with you through the good and bad times. Heard that somewhere before, but couldn’t be any less than true.
7. If you find yourself in a difficult situation what do you do?
Vague question, but the best thing you can do is be honest. I hate having stuff coming back to bite in the back end later, so being sincere at least mitigates the risk of it happening.
8. If you could have any superpower in the world, what would you choose and why?
As answered earlier, Teleportation. Can go anywhere at anytime I please.
9. Which of the five senses would you be willing to part with for the person you love? Pick one.
Taste. By this point in my life, I experienced almost everything I wanted to eat, so wouldn’t mind giving it up.
10. If you had to live without music or anime, which would you choose to live without?
Ugh..I like them both! Although, I could stand be without anime. If there where no music, there would no soundtrack for them.
11. Would you rather be famous or would you rather be powerful? (By power, I mean be able to influence others in the world to do as you say)
Fame is fleeting and power corrupts. Would have to pick power as the lesser of two evils and say power. If you can influence people, you already have some type of infamy (unless you work behind the scenes) and being powerful does have it perks. Thank you, Sid Meier for turning me into a child tyrant by the time I was 7 with fancy pants conquest games…